I fell in love with Kale a few years ago. As soon as I realised that there was so much more to be done with it than just boiling it up with potatoes and making bubble and squeak.
Kale doesn’t even need to be cooked just massaged with extra virgin olive oil and sea salt then marinated and paired with an equally strong flavour.
It’s been a firm favorite on many of my menus for a few years now.
This Kale Pesto recipe is one of my favourite recipes at the moment. It sits easily for a week in the fridge, it gets better as it sits, its beautifully strong with a really gutsy flavour.
- 75gr of Calvo Nero
- 2 cloves of smashed garlic
- 2 large Tablespoons of Tansyskitchen Cashew parmesan
- 60 mls of extra virgin olive oil.
- Remove the hard stalks from the kale.
- Chop or shred the kale.
- add 2 teaspoons of sea salt
- add 2 large tablespoons of Tansyskitchen plant based parmesan
- Massage in the Oil
- Store in a jar in the fridge.
Stir through pasta, or add to eggs or tofu scramble, add to toasties. Or just east from the jar by the spoonful.